Events Manager Job at JF Restaurants New York, NY
Full Job Description
Key Job Functions: The Events Manager is responsible for assuring the success of all events, while maintaining a profitable operation, high quality products and service levels. Our prospective candidate is expected to share ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. This also includes working and communicating closely with all hotel departments and to ensure a successful and effective event resulting in a positive guest experience.
- Produce & execute flawless events to ensure the opportunity is generated for repeat business
- Manage all event operations including vendor logistics and internal key stakeholder coordination.
- Expected to run service 20+ evenings per month. Nights & weekends required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of event procedures and the overall operating style of JFR.
- Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot all challenges/conflicts ahead of each event.
- Work with direct reports in creating operational processes that will allow TSQ Edition Events to operate smoothly on a daily/nightly basis and to ensure service is consistent, compelling and meticulously run.
- The Events Manager will serve as the face of the brand while on the floor and will need to answer all guests’ questions eloquently while managing service.
- Manage a variety of event tasks to include event design/theme, timelines, event production, menu requests, implements logistics, vendor scheduling, dock utilization, décor company support and provides approvals on purchase orders, Special Event Orders, logo usage, event spend, etc
- Follow all SOPs associated with each event.
- Supervises Venue Management and Event Staff to ensure proper execution of event with a high level of guest satisfaction
- Attend site visits, pre-planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the guest event experience
- Identify extensions/guest overage opportunities during events to create more revenue Relentless pursuit of health-code-approved work environments
- Ensures guests are being served alcohol per alcohol training and certification standards
- Stay current in design trends, entertainment, production, vendor products, and new industry technologies
- Provide an event summary to the full Sales, Planning & Operations Team at the close of each event.
- Maintain the cleanliness of each event space before & after each event.
- Review staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
- Generate final event checks, keep track of balances due, payroll discrepancies on account immediately following the end of each event.
- Review menu/service with managers and Event chef.
- Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any requests.
- Control and Maintain all service equipment
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel’s event operation.
- Supervise all event personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Monitor quality of service within the event operations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of colleagues and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by colleagues and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maintain the department’s event calendar and daily event schedule for all departments
- Approach all encounters with guests and colleagues in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all JFR & hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with JFR & Marriot Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply with JFR & Marriot Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Proactive, “no-task-too-small” team player that is willing to roll up their sleeves to build an incredible operation.
- Demonstrates flexibility and a wide range of skills and knowledge in all service positions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Events management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
About the Company
Company: JF Restaurants
Company Location: New York, NY