Deckhand – Alcatraz – San Francisco Job at Alcatraz City Cruises San Francisco, CA
Full Job Description
Salary Range $34.00
City Experiences is seeking a Deckhand for our Alcatraz operation San Francisco
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
Under the direct supervision of the First Officer, serves on the deck aboard a US Coast Guard inspected small passenger vessel, practicing techniques of good seamanship while performing as an Alcatraz Cruises crew member in fulfilling the job tasks required for a Deck Security & Safety Watch, Customer Service provider and a Steward of our Respect our Planet program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of vessels(s) for operational readiness.
- Tends mooring lines during vessel maneuvers and while alongside the dock.
- Stands watch as Deck Safety & Security Officer.
- Performs safety functions assigned on the Watch Quarter and Emergency Station Bill.
- Performs Navigational functions as a look-out, Quarter Master Messenger, Radio Watch, Signal Man or Helmsman as assigned by the Captain and/or First Officer.
- Familiar with ground tackle, emergency gear, deck gear, and vessel emergency plans.
- Ensures deck and engine room preventative maintenance.
- Tends gangway(s) during passenger loading and unloading.
- Assists in the queuing and pre-boarding of guests in the entrance lines.
- Lubricates machinery and equipment.
- Splices lines and wire rope.
- Assists guests and answers questions in regards to Alcatraz Island, Angel Island, or San Francisco attractions.
- Assists with transferring of pumping sewage and water.
- Throughout the day, at beginning and at ending of shifts; will maintain clean passenger spaces ie. restrooms, trash, common areas, pilot house and gangways.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 1 year marine work experience preferred
- TWIC card required
- About Us:
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
The Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those with past arrest or conviction records to apply. The Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $34.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Francisco, CA 94111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
About the Company
Company: Alcatraz City Cruises
Company Location: San Francisco, CA